Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I got this recipe from some recipe cards I was sent in the mail. You've probably gotten them too. They want to subscribe and they'll send you a million more. I didn't do it, but I did save quite a few of the cards I got as a sample! The cheesecake recipe posted yesterday was from them too!

This cookies were delicious and gobbled up quickly! I would totally make them again, except next time I would grind up the walnuts in the food processor.


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 C rolled oats
2 1/4 C all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 C butter, softened
3/4 C brown sugar
3/4 C sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 eggs
3 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 C chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In food processor, finely grind oatmeal. Combine ground oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.

In another bowl, cream butter, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.

Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Add the chocolate and nuts and mix well.

Scoop onto cookie sheet. Bake 16-18 minutes and cool on a wire rack.