Strawberry Muffins

These were supposed to be strawberry cupcakes. When I made them I decided they were much better as "muffins" and make a great breakfast! We all need an excuse to eat a cupcake for breakfast, right? These were delicious! They may have turned out more muffin like than cupcake because of all my substitutions. I don't know. So, I'm posting the recipe via my substitutions rather than the original. If you make the original recipe I'm linking you to and your "cupcakes" are more like a real cupcake let me know.
Don't you just LOVE my awesome picture?! Thanks Krystal for your amazing photography skills!

Strawberry Muffins
Adapted from Annie Eats

Muffins:
2 cups + 3 T all purpose flour
5 T cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup salted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups chopped strawberries

Frosting:
1/2 cup strawberries, puree
8 oz cream cheese, room temp.
1 1/2 sticks salted butter, room temp.
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1 T. vanilla

Heat oven to 350°. Line muffin tin with liners.

Whisk together flour, cornstarch, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, with electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add buttermilk and oil. Beat in flour mixture in batches. Fold in strawberries. Fill tins 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Makes 24 muffins.

For the frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese until fluffy with electric mixer. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add lemon juice, vanilla, and strawberry puree. Frost muffins once cooled.