Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Mustard Sauce

In his first bite Charlie wondered what the taste of this meal reminded him of. I said, "It must be the dill." I didn't really know what I was talking about. Then he realized....a McDonald's Quarter Pounder. I took a bite and it reminded me of a Chick-fil-A sandwich. Finally, it clicked...DILL...like the pickle (get it...dill pickles)! I know, I'm not the brightest! :) So if you like pickles, or either one of the items mentioned above you will like this! This is an Atkins recipe, so if you make it according to the recipe it's healthy!


Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Creamy Mustard Sauce
Source: Atkins

2 T unsalted butter
1 whole pork tenderloin (about 1 lb), sliced into medallions
1 tsp chopped garlic (I used about 4 or 5 cloves)
3/4 c reduced sodium chicken broth
1/4 c sour cream
1 T Dijon mustard
1 T fresh dill, minced (I used dried)
salt and white pepper (I used black)

Heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until browned. Remove pork from skillet and cover to keep warm.

Add garlic to skillet and saute until aroma is released, about 30 seconds. Add chicken broth. Simmer liquid about 3 minutes until reduced slightly. Remove skillet from heat and whisk in sour cream, mustard, and dill. Season with salt and pepper.

Return pork to skillet along with any juices. Cook pork over medium heat with sauce for about 3 minutes.

***When using dried herbs from the pantry I think you're supposed to half the measurement when the recipe calls for fresh. I didn't do this. Maybe you should and the flavor won't be so powerful!

Makes 2 servings
Carbs per serving 3.5
Fiber 0.5
Protein 50.5
Fat 27
Calories 465