Sugared Pecans

I made so much of this stuff this month! They were so yummy and I want more! I gave these as gifts to the girls I work with and sent a ton to work with Charlie. This was an easy recipe and so worth it! My only advice would be to use a ziploc bag when mixing the stuff and dump the hot pecans on parchment to cool. Then quickly rinse your baking sheet while the sugar is still hot. You will be able to get the sugar off your pan if you wait, but you will need to let it soak. Enjoy!


Sugared Pecans
Source: All Recipes


1 lb pecans
1 C sugar
1 egg white
2 tsp. water
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. salt


Mix the water and egg white until frothy. Pour the egg white mixture into a gallon size bag. Toss the pecans in the egg white mixture in the bag. Mix together the sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Pour into the gallon size bag over the pecans. Toss the pecans in the sugar mixture. Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 250 for 1 hour. Stir every 15-20 minutes.