Lemonade

I bought a bag of lemons to make those lemon cookies. So I had 4 lemons left over. Charlie asked sarcastically if I was going to make lemonade with them. He didn't think I could actually do it! So I proved him wrong and he was more than happy with the result! This recipe only makes a half gallon, so double if you want more!


Lemonade
Source: Simply Recipes


1 cup sugar
1 cup water (for the simple syrup)
1 cup lemon juice (took 4 lemons)
3 to 4 cups cold water (to dilute)

Make simple syrup by heating the sugar and water in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved completely.

While the sugar is dissolving, use a juicer to extract the juice from the lemons.

Add the juice and the sugar water to a pitcher. Add 3 to 4 cups of cold water, more or less to the desired strength. Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes.