Ground Beef Stroganoff

My favorite box of Hamburger Helper is the Stroganoff. I love it! So when I saw this recipe I had to try it. It was different from the taste of HH, but in a good way! We loved it! I didn't measure out my sour cream and just guessed. You could definitely taste the sour cream. I may have put too much in...but it was still yummy! This is a quick meal too. I made this in under 30 minutes.

I left out the mushrooms. Charlie likes them, but my mom is allergic. I never ate them, so I'm not a big fan.


Ground Beef Stroganoff

1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1/2 lb. mushrooms, diced (I skipped this)
3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
3 T. flour
1 1/2 C beef stock
2 tsp. red wine vinegar
1 C sour cream
1/2 lb. egg noodles, cooked and drained

In a large skillet, add ground beef, onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook until ground beef is completely browned. Add salt and pepper and Italian seasoning. Do not drain meat.

Stir in flour and cook for 3 minutes. Slowly add beef stock and red wine vinegar. Stir, bring to boil, and simmer until thickened.

Stir in sour cream. Add noodles and mix together.