Black Forest Mousse

I got a trifle bowl as a wedding present. It is beautiful! I know some of you are thinking, how can a glass bowl be beautiful...but it is! So thank you Shelley for knowing how important some things are...like owning a trifle bowl. :) I love the way dessert looks layered in this bowl, or any trifle bowl for that matter. This is beautiful and oh so yummy. And VERY EASY! :) Some of my friends have complained that my recipes are too in depth to make. They just don't have the time or energy. That's fair, I mean most of you have kids or a job, or both! I doubled the original recipe for this to make it look pretty in my bowl. I wouldn't want to make an ugly trifle! So I'm going to post the doubled recipe. Just note that you can half it if needed. Although, it's so yummy, you will want to make a double recipe!

*I used Double Stuffed Oreos. We never buy cookies, so if I was to have extras I wanted the good stuff. This made it a little hard to crush because of all the filling. If you don't mind the regular ones (is that a sin?) then you should probably use those. Also, if you half the recipe you will need 16 Oreos. I know, 16 is not half of 26, but trust me.

Black Forest Mousse
Source: Food and Family, Winter 06
2 pkg (4 servings each) Chocolate Pudding mix
3 C cold milk
2 tubs (8 oz each) whipped topping, thawed
26 Oreos, crushed, divided
2 cans Cherry Pie filling

Mix pudding mix with milk. Stir using wire whisk. Add 2 cups of whipped topping. Add 20 crushed Oreos to pudding mix.

Layer half the pudding on the bottom of the trifle bowl. Spread half the remaining whipped topping. Top with one can of cherry filling. Repeat with the remaining pudding, whipped topping, and pie filling. Sprinkle the remaining 6 cookie crumbs on top.

YUM!