Skillet Barbecue Chicken

It's been a while since I blogged. There are 2 reasons for this....
1. I don't have the time or energy to blog.
2. More importantly, I don't have the time or energy to try new recipes!

I have been really slack in the kitchen lately. I'm working full time and by the time I'm home I mentally cannot wrap my mind around trying new recipes or sometimes even cooking at all. We're not starving here, but definitely are spending more money eating out than ever. I hate it. I feel completely responsible and lazy. Luckily, Charlie puts up with it. In fact, he doesn't even just put up with it, he lovingly tells me it's okay!

I miss cooking. I miss the days when I had all the time in the world to search for recipes to try. I miss having dinner on the table when Charlie came home. New recipes. Exciting recipes. I long for summer break, one of the luxuries of being a teacher. Working at a year round school is supposed to be awesome. A 3 week break every quarter sounds lovely. But me? No real break since Christmas. I need it. I know, I know. Most people have to work all year. No breaks unless they take a vacation. So who am I to complain? Yet I do, and will contine to complain. :)

Another joy of teaching, besides the breaks of course, is student gifts, sometimes. A lot of times we get those "apple" items. And other times we get awesome, useful things! Teacher Appreciation Week was a few weeks ago. I got Starbucks, gift cards, flowers, and a cookbook! A cookbook!!! A good one too! Better yet, a healthy one! Yay! Just what we need! So many things in the title catch my eye....

Cooking Light: a reputable source, and LIGHT!

Fast: exactly what I need right now!

Weeknight: Not a lot of time or energy needed!

So this one comes from my new cookbook!


Skillet Barbecue Chicken
Source: Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast Weeknight Meals

4 Chicken breast halves
3 garlic gloves, minced
1 T seasoning blend (the recipe says Southwest Chipotle, I used some chicken seasoning I had for the grill)
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1 T olive oil
1/2 C BBQ sauce
1/4 C water

Pound chicken to 1/2" thickness. Rub chicken with garlic and sprinkle with salt. Season with seasoning blend.

Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Cook chicken 3-4 minutes on each side. Add barbecue sauce and water to skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes until chicken is done.