Strawberry Bread

Since strawberries were on sale I needed to do something with the abundance of them that I had! We ate some straight out of the package, I covered a few in sugar and let them sit before eating, we had the strawberry cheesecake, and then the rest of them went to this! I had Book Club last night and this yummy bread is what I took to share.
The recipe comes from my sister Krystal and her family. Anytime I've been to a shower (wedding or baby) given by her side of the family they make this bread. I guess I should clarify that she is technically my sister in law, but I hate saying that. She is my sister, my one and only!

Okay, back to the bread. So they make this yummy bread and a really yummy spread to go with it. I didn't make the spread this time, but I'm including the recipe for it because I know how yummy it is! The recipe also calls for frozen strawberries and I used fresh. This is a perfect spring dessert, breakfast, snack, whatever you want it to be!
Strawberry Bread
Source: Krystal and her family
3 C flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 C sugar
2 10 oz packages or frozen strawberries (thawed and sliced) OR 2 C fresh strawberries chopped
1 1/4 C vegetable oil
4 eggs, well beaten
1 C chopped pecans (I left this out)

Mix together all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Create a well in the center. Add all the wet ingredients and stir with a spoon. Don't use a mixer! When it's all mixed together, pour into 2 greased loaf pans or 1 bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 40-60 minutes.

For the spread
1/2 C strawberry juice (from the frozen strawberries)
8 oz cream cheese

Mix together in a blender until smooth and creamy.