Breakfast Bread

This recipe is a tradition from my childhood. My mom made this every Christmas morning. In fact, I think that was the only time she made it and it made us love it all the more because we knew we were only getting once a year! I made it for the first time this year for mine and Charlie's first Christmas. It was delicious and Charlie loved it! My mom usually made 2 loaves, so if you've got more than 3 people and this is the only thing you're serving, I would make more! I froze the leftover bread in individual servings and defrosted them the night before Charlie went to work. Then I popped it in the microwave to heat, wrapped it in tinfoil and sent it with Charlie to eat in the car. Homemade Hot Pocket! He loved it!



Breakfast Bread
Source: Mom


1 frozen loaf of bread dough
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 lb. ground sausage, cooked
1 C cheddar cheese, shredded


Defrost and rise the bread dough according to the package directions. You'll want to do this the night before. With your fingers, push out the dough so that it covers a baking sheet. Top with the sausage leaving an edge around the bread. Sprinkle the cheese over the top. The next part I got Charlie to help me with...Pull up the sides and ends of the dough to make a loaf. While you're holding together the loaf, pour the eggs inside. Seal together. Bake for about 30 minutes at 350. Yum!