Pumpkin Muffins...Round 2!

So I made these a few weeks ago and I'm just now getting around to posting them! There's not enough time in the world anymore! I liked these much better than the other ones. Don't get me wrong...the last ones were good, but these appealed to me more! I still have 7 other recipes marked to make that involve pumpkin...not including the pumpkin pie I'm making this weekend for an early family Thanksgiving! I guess I should stock up on my pumpkin before they remove it from the shelves!

Pumpkin Muffins (with Chocolate Chips)
Source: Paige and Brooke


2 c. flour
1 T. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 c. butter softened (2 sticks)
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. canned pumpkin puree
2 cups chocolate chips (12 oz)


Preheat oven to 350 and spray muffin pan. In a medium bowl, add flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together. With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium high speed until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in pumpkin. Reduce speed to low and slowly add in the dry ingredients until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Scoop spoonfuls into your muffin pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until done.