Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole

This is my friend Allison's recipe. I had this at her house one Halloween night a few years ago. Allison is a wonderful friend and so hilarious. I spent many days and nights crying at her house and eating her food! Where would I be without her? It's amazing she even still talks to me. :)


Last year my Christmas present to Charlie was food. I've told you before how before me he lived off of canned veggies and rice. So, what's more perfect than a home-cooked meal for a present! I made a bunch of different dishes and then froze them all. All he had to do was defrost and heat them up! He loved them. This is one of the dishes I made. It's so easy and cheap to make. Warning though...it is NOT healthy! Between the sodium in the crackers and cream of chicken soup you could probably get your fill for the week. I've heard a lot about people hating recipes with cream of anything soups. They're just so yummy and quick! I'll have to do some more research on the topic.



Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Source: Allison Kyff


16 oz sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 tsp. poppy seeds
2 1/2 C chicken, cooked
1 sleeve of Saltine crackers
1/2 C butter, melted


Preheat oven to 350. Cook the chicken and then shred. (I boiled mine and put in the food processor.) Mix together the chicken, sour cream, soup, and poppy seeds. Pour into a baking dish. (I used a square one, but this would definitely fit in a 9x13.) Combine the crackers and butter. Spread over the top of the chicken mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes.