Chicken and Apples in Honey Mustard Sauce

I printed off this recipe in July and just got around to making it. Charlie was not a fan of this, which is sad because I LOVED this!!! The only thing I would do differently is pouring the sauce over the apples. The chicken was amazing and I think I would have loved the apples just as much if they weren't covered in the Honey Mustard Sauce. Don't let Charlie's opinion of this dish hinder you from making it. And if you do...invite me over!

Just a thought, a bet this would make really good pork chops! Maybe I'll try again...

Sorry there's no picture. I started a new job last week and taking a picture didn't even register! Charlie's out of town this week, so I won't be cooking. Then I have my wisdom teeth out. This will probably be the last post until sometime in November. I have a ton of pumpkin recipes up my sleeve...stay tuned!

Chicken and Apples in Honey Mustard Sauce
Source: Simply Recipes

1/2 C apple cider
1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
Salt and pepper
1 T honey
1 T mustard
2 T seasoned dry breadcrumbs
4 chicken breasts
1 T olive oil
2 small unpeeled apples, cored and sliced
1/2 C chicken broth

Whisk cider, cornstarch, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Set aside. Lightly coat chicken in breadcrumbs.

In a large skillet, heat oil and add the chicken. Cook over medium heat until golden brown on one side. Turn chicken and add the apple slices. Brown the other side of the chicken.

Add chicken broth, cover and simmer about 15 minutes.

With slotted spoon, remove chicken and apples. Whisk cider mixture and then add to skillet. Cover over high heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly. Spoon over chicken (and maybe apples). YUM!