Baked Aloha Chicken

When I was on my desperate search for healthy recipes a few weeks ago, my friend Julie came to the rescue and sent this recipe. I just got around to making it. Julie met her husband around the same time Charlie and I met and got married the day after us. Her and her husband are much healthier than Charlie and I. They do things like marathons together. Shh...don't tell Charlie...he might get some crazy idea in his head! :)

I made a similar recipe to this one in the crock pot and it was horrible! We barely touched our dinner and then threw it away it was so bad! So I was a little afraid to try this one, but it was very tasty! Also, I didn't have an oven proof skillet. So I transferred the chicken to a baking dish and it worked just fine.

Baked Aloha Chicken
Source: Julie Morgan and 1,000 Gluten Free Recipes

4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
salt and pepper
2 T olive oil
8 oz. crushed pineapple
1/2 C dry white wine
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp. dried
1/2 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon or 1/4 tsp. dried

Preheat oven to 375. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. In a 10" ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Cook chicken until golden brown on each side, about 10 minutes.

In a small bowl mix together the remaining ingredients. Pour oven the chicken. Cover and bake for 45 minute. Uncover and turn chicken. Bake for another 10 minutes.

Thanks Julie!