Chocolate Covered Oreo Cupcakes

This was supposed to be a 2 layer round cake. Believe it or not, I don't own a round cake pan! Crazy, I know! It was one of things that we got rid of when we moved in together. We both owned at least one and then I donated them. I don't remember what my thought process was on this, but either way, I have none. So instead of spending the money on new pans, I adapted this into cupcakes.

I have to admit, I cheated on these as well! Some of you will love this because you aren't big bakers like me. I LOVE to bake and will steer clear of a box mix most of the time. Sometimes though I will take the shortcut! So, I used a box this time. So for the cake part, use a box, or your own yummy recipe. :)

Chocolate Covered Oreo Cupcakes

1 pkg. Devil's Food Cake Mix
4 squares Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
1/4 C butter, cut up
1 pkg. (8 oz) Cream Cheese
1/2 C sugar
8 oz. whipped cream, thawed
12 Oreos, crushed

Bake cake mix according to box directions. Fill the cupcake pan almost full! You want tall, big cupcakes. I got 18 cupcakes out of my mix. Let cool. Slice the tops off the cupcakes to make 2 layers.

Microwave chocolate and butter in small bowl on High 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted. Cool for 5 minutes.

Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed. Stir in whipped cream and cookie crumbs. Spread a generous amount of cream cheese mixture in between each cupcake layer. Spoon chocolate glaze over top of each cupcake. Let stand until set.

Store in the refrigerator. These are good cold!