Skillet Lasagna

This one is added to the rotation...WAIT, I don't have a rotation! In the 2 months we've been married I haven't repeated many meals. I've been trying all new ones. Well, my husband doesn't like this. He wants to eat the good stuff again. He's easy to please. Before we were married he lived off of rice and canned veggies for dinner. I thought he was going to cry when I told him we couldn't eat rice for dinner every night. He's completely content with Kraft Mac and Cheese! YUCK! So, tonight we compromised. I will make 1 new meal every week and the rest will be repeats. We made a list of all the dinner options that we can have and we have quite a list! I'll keep posting though because a lot of them aren't on here. Oh, and the new dinner deal doesn't start until September 1st...I've already bought our groceries for the rest of the month!

Don't judge my picture. Just be glad that there is one and I didn't steal it from some other blog! :) Also, the original recipe calls for dropping dollops of the ricotta on top. In the end we ended up mixing it into the pasta to eat it. So I would just go ahead and do it while cooking.
Skillet Lasagna
Source: ??? I printed this off a while ago and don't know where it came from :(

3 (14.5 oz) cans whole peeled tomatoes
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 T olive oil
1 med onion, minced
1 tsp Salt
3 medium garlic cloves, minced
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1 T dried Basil
1/2 T dried Oregano (I just used Italian Seasoning)
1 lb ground beef
12 lasagna noodles, broken into 1 in pieces
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup grated Parmesan (I used shredded Italian blend)
3/4 cup ricotta cheese

Pulse the tomatoes with the juice in a food processor until there are no large pieces.

Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet (I used a 12", if you have bigger use it) on medium heat. Add the onion and salt. Cook about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and red pepper, cook about 30 seconds. Add the ground beef and cook until browned.

Scatter the lasagna noodles on top. Mix together tomato sauces, basil, and oregano. Pour into skillet. Mix together. Cover and cook about 20 minutes. Watch that it doesn't stick and stir frequently.

Turn off the heat. Stir in half of mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Mix in Ricotta cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and cover. Let sit about 5 minutes, until cheese melts. Serve!